Effective date: June 2023
To provide our Services as effectively and conveniently as possible, we may provide our affiliates (and other organizations that help us serve our merchants) with access to Personal Information provided to us in the course of our relationship with our merchant customers.
"Personal Information" is information about identifiable individuals directly connected with the merchant. The merchant and each such individual are collectively referred to herein as "you" or "your".
Why we collect your information
We gather your Personal Information so we can: (i) evaluate the merchant's application for the Services; (ii) underwrite the merchant's account; (iii) process the merchant's transactions; (iv) manage all billing processes; (v) enable fraud protection and risk management processes; (vi) provide merchant account servicing; (vii) offer you other products and Services (subject to your right to unsubscribe from receiving marketing or commercial communications); and (viii) support talech’s legal compliance obligations.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us and when we receive it through your use of our Services and applications. This includes:
- Information you provide. If you sign up for a talech account or participate in a promotion or incentive program, or request information from us, we may ask for Personal Information, like your name, email address, telephone number, and certain financial information.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We may collect Personal Information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our website and any applications and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifier, and mobile network information). talech may associate your device identifiers or phone number with other personal information associated with your talech account.
- Log information. When you use our Services or view content provided by talech, your device and browser automatically transmit certain information to us that we store in server logs. This information may include your IP address, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware and software settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL, cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your talech account, and other details of how you used our Service.
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You can manage location preferences on your device.
- Local storage. We may collect and store Personal Information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use personal information
talech uses personal information for the following general purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Services and to develop new ones;
- To provide access to the sites and applications;
- To provide customized content and recommendations;
- To conduct research on how users engage with our services and
- To protect talech and our users. We use Personal information to deter and minimize fraud and abuse and to help keep our Services safe.
- To respond to inquiries. We may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- To communicate with you. We may use your email address or mobile number to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming promotions, changes or improvements or to market new features or offerings to you.
- To verify your identity; to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Talech tracks user interactions with web and mobile applications and uses this information for targeted communications. All data and statistical information collected by talech will be used and analyzed internally to improve our product.
We may, or we may use third-party service providers to, process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
When we share personal information
We do not share Personal Information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of talech unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of talech when we have your consent to do so.
- Administrators. If your talech account is managed for you by an administrator who provides support to your organization, that administrator will have access to your talech account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account
- change your account password
- suspend or terminate your account access
- access or retain information stored as part of your account
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
- Marketing/Leads. If you have expressed interest in learning more about our talech Services, we may share your contact information with third party partners or distributors for the sole purpose of contacting you about your interest. Such partners or distributors may also inform you about other Services that may interest you. If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted about learning more about talech or partner/distributor Services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal process. We will share personal information when we respond to valid subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Other. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of talech if we have a good-faith belief that we need to do so to:
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address suspected fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of talech, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and de-identified data publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish data or reports to show trends about the general use of our Services that include aggregated and non-identifiable data.
talech requires all such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of information provided to them by us. Service companies and marketing partners are also prohibited from using Personal Information for any reason other than to provide the specific products or Services intended. You can withdraw your consent from receiving communication from marketing partners by contacting Elavon at 1-800-725-1243 or email@example.com.
Commercial Electronic Communications: You can also limit the commercial electronic communications that we send to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial emails, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account, in accordance with the Canadian anti-spam legislation. If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting-out, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Material
Our website and mobile applications may contain links to other third-party sites and content (“Third Party Materials”). These links are provided as a convenience for you, and you access Third Party Materials at your own risk.
Do Not Track. There is no industry standard for how Do Not Track consumer browser settings should work on commercial websites. Due to the lack of such standards our websites do not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
Third Party Data Tracking
Access, Correction, and Retention
You can directly access, edit, and delete Personal Information and other content you’ve uploaded as part of your talech account. Some information is required in order to have an account like your name, address, and billing information.
If you need to request correction of information that talech has about you that is no longer accessible to you directly online, you may contact talech using one of the methods below. You will be required to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Please complete the Personal Information Request Form. This form allows you to request the details of the personal information that U.S. Bank has about you and to request access, to that information. Once received, talech must use reasonable methods to verify the identity of the requestor before responding. If we cannot verify the requestor, we will either deny the request or ask for additional identifying information. Talech will respond within 45 days of the request unless additional time is required.
- Our toll-free number 1-888-995-1998 opt 1
- Our website www.ca.talech.com
By mail at:
Attn: Canada Privacy Officer
Quebec Privacy Officer
285 Hamilton Ave, FL 2
Palo Alto, CA 94301
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will generally verify your identity by asking you to provide personal information related to your recent interactions with us. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed by talech, please contact the Privacy Commissioner’s Office at https://www.priv.gc.ca. The Privacy Commissioner will then act as a liaison with talech to resolve your concerns.
Until your talech account is closed, inactive, or suspended, talech may maintain certain information for record-keeping and analysis purposes. While we retain information for these purposes we may, at our sole discretion, delete it for any reason at any time and are under no obligation to maintain it.
talech takes reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have established physical, technical and administrative security processes that are commensurate with the sensitivity of the information collected to safeguard Personal Information and we test the effectiveness of the systems and practices that we have in place. We take the following steps to help keep Personal Information secure:
- We encrypt data transmissions using SSL technology.
- We have reasonable measures in place to protect the physical security of records we store on our premises.
- We restrict access to Personal information to talech employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us or as part of their job requirements, and who are subject to confidentiality or employment agreements.
talech will never ask you for financial or sensitive information or for your account password in an email or phone call. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
International Transfers and Data Storage
talech reserves the right to transfer Personal Information in connection with the sale of all or part of its business or assets, in compliance with applicable laws.
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com.
talech is located at:
285 Hamilton Ave, FL 2
Palo Alto, CA 94301